Like in most of the countries, any Corporation making profits in Costa Rica must pay the respective Income Tax, which is called in Costa Rica as “Impuesto sobre la Renta”.
However, in addition to such tax, every Costa Rican Corporation or foreign corporation registered in Costa Rica National Registry must pay a special tax which is called “Timbre de Educación y Cultura” (Education and Culture Stamp Tax). This tax must be paid every year, during February or March. Each Corporation must pay it, either if it is making profits or not.
This tax was created by Law No. 5923. It is calculated based on the statuary capital of the Corporation and according to the following rate:
|All numbers in Costa Rica Currency ( “Colones” )|
|Corporate Capital||Tax to pay per year|
|From 0 to 250,000.00||750.00 Colones|
|More than 250,000 but less than 1,000,000.00||3,000.00 Colones|
|More than 1,000,000 but less than 2,000,000.00||6,000.00 Colones|
|More than 2,000,000.00||9,000.00 Colones|
© Copyright E&T ESCROW & TRUST SOLUTIONS S. R. L. Costa Rica.
( www.escrowtrustsolutions.com ) (Re-printed with its permission)
Please Note: This material is for personal use only and is protected by Copyright Law. It is provided as general information only and does not constitute and is not a substitute for legal or other professional advice. Reliance on this material is solely at your own risk. Always consult your own legal or other professional advisors and discuss the facts and circumstances that apply to your specific case.
- New rates for Costa Rica Luxury Homes tax (“Impuesto Solidario para el Fortalecimiento de Programas de Vivienda”). (2011, 2102 and 2013 TAX PERIOD)
- Costa Rica Properties and Vehicles Protection – New National Registry Alert system
- “Salario base” – A Parameter to define some taxes, fines or criminal actions in Costa Rica during 2012.
- New Corporation Tax Costa Rica
- Getting an Appointment for your Car Technical Inspection (“RTV” Costa Rica)
- Education and Culture Stamp Tax (“Costa Rica Corporate Tax) – Yearly rate
- Costa Rica Christmas Bonus (X’mas Bonus or “Aguinaldo”)
- Forming a Costa Rica Corporation – S. A. or S. R. L.? Differences
- Costa Rica Labor Risk Insurance ( “Seguros de Riesgos del Trabajo, Costa Rica” ) – Yearly Rates
- Costa Rica Property Tax (“Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles”)
Tag Cloudaccounting aguinaldo Annual appoinment Corporation costa rica costa rica christmas bonus costa rica corporate tax costa rica corporations costa rica escrow costa rica national register costa rica social security education and culture stamp tax health insurance impuesto bienes muebles impuesto solidario labor risk insurance luxury homes money payroll taxes property status property taxes risk insuranse rtv seguro de riesgos sociedad anonima solidarity tax srl sugef Tax Taxation taxes new rates tiembre de educacion y cultura trust vehicules X'mas bonus